Welcome to my gallery...

Here I'll showcase some of my recent projects.

All are for sale unless noted. Custom orders or modifications are encouraged.

You can contact me at:

My email



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Unusual Instruments

I've been working with hammered metal lately on a few of my art projects.  I really like the curves that you can get out of it and the hammering is quite therapeutic.  I'm not sure exactly where I got the idea, but one day it dawned on me that I could make a really nice  archtop guitar out of metal.  But a guitar is big and the parts are expensive, especially if you don't know if it's actually going to work.  Then I remembered that I had an old Ukulele that I made from a kit hanging around...


It's even electric!  I installed a piezo pickup in the body.  Plugged in it sounds like a really grungy electric guitar.

                                             You can see how I made it at Zone 12 projects








Music - shaken, not stirred.

I made this a few years ago and recently discovered it as I was doing some cleaning.

The guts are a M+S Paia stereo microphone kit, and the result of a trip to the liquor cabinet and plumbing section.

It can be yours for $50.
You can see how I made it at Zone 12 projects



 




No comments:

Post a Comment